Updated: Jun 3
1. Don't forget to smile! Smiling creates positive energy.
2. The power of positive thinking. Do not put yourself down. The subconscious mind is our most powerful tool and we have total control of it.
3. Stay focused on the important things. Remember we all have our limitations. Try not to compare yourself to other people and focus on your strengths and not your weaknesses.
4. Choose your friends and choose the information you absorb on daily basis. Drop the negative friends and turn off the Television! Television is another form of hypnosis - find healthy alternative activities to develop your mind. And if your friends are constantly negative, it will eventually rub off on you. Try to be around positive people.
5. As the age old saying goes, you get out what you put in! Unconditional love and support are the key. Give those you care about your unconditional love. In turn you will receive the same back and feel supported in your choices.
6. Try something new! Take up a new activity, something you have always wanted to do but just haven't quite got around to doing. This is a great way to make new friends and channel your energies into something that makes you feel good about yourself.
7. Learn to listen. It's important to listen to others and respect their opinions without passing judgement, even if those opinions are different to your own set of values and beliefs.
8. Do what you love. It is easy to get stuck in a rut. Why do something that makes you miserable and unhappy? Do the things you love and enjoy. Whether it be a job, an activity or a relationship - make sure it's something that makes you feel good.
9. Take a compliment and give one out! Sometimes it's hard to accept a compliment. Remember to respect other people's opinions. If they see something good about you, maybe you should too.
10. Help other people. There is nothing more rewarding than offering a helping hand. It doesn't have to cost money, all it takes is a small amount of your time. Take up charity work for a few hours a week, help your neighbours from time to time and make a point of stopping and talking to elderly people - remember they have a world of wisdom to offer you.